Join us in saving lives! There are lots of ways that you can raise both awareness and raise funds for the Foundation. This page aims to give you some ideas and to inspire you to join us.
What could you do?
Dan’s story is at the heart of all we do and each year on his birthday we like to celebrate by holding an annual Odd Socks Day! Why Odd Socks? Well,
Join us for some inflatable fundraising fun! We have the option to buy places for an inflatable 2.5k in St Albans on 3rd September. It
If you have a place in an event and would like to raise money for the Foundation, please get in touch! Events that supporters have
Do you fancy a late summer running challenge? We have one place for the iconic Royal Parks Half Marathon taking place on Sunday 9th October
Other fundraising ideas
There are also lots of events/challenges you could try – here are just a few ideas:
- Retail replacement – buy one less coffee each week and donate the money to us every month. Or one less luxury item from your weekly shop.
- Share some birthday love – instead of gifts, ask for donations to the Foundation.
- Sell your unwanted clothes/items/present and donate the funds you raise.
- Hold a mufti day at your office/school.
- Donate an hour’s pay each month.
- Payroll giving is a tax-free way of donating to charity directly from your salary – ask your Payroll department.
- Organise a teachers vs students anything!
- Hold a sponsored run, or get a bunch of friends to enter your local Park Run and raise sponsorship.
- Ask your company to match fund sponsorship that you raise.
- Add us to your wedding gift list – perhaps encourage guests to contribute half the value of their gift to you and half to us?
- Host a quiz/bingo or any kind of competition.
- Bake cakes and hold a coffee morning or sell them around the office.
- Cook lots of your favourite food and invite your friends to share it (for a donation, obviously!)
- Set yourself a timed or endurance event – it could be something you love to do, or maybe you could try something completely new!
- Nominate the Foundation as ‘charity of the week/month/year’ for your company, local golf/sports club, school, church, Rotary Club, supermarket etc.
- set up a fundraising page on our fundraising portal to make your fundraising easy. Get in touch with us if you’d like further information about how to use this
- use our sponsor form to collect sponsors & Gift Aid information if you’d prefer to work face-to-face. Or collect cash at your event – you can pay it to us in a lump sum (online, via Virgin Giving or cheque) when you’ve completed your challenge
- download our logos for use in your emails, social media & posters etc
- we have branded collection boxes and t-shirts that you can use for your event – get in touch if you’d like to use them
- set yourself a fundraising target – be ambitious!
- be confident about asking your friends and family to sponsor you and don’t be shy about reminding them frequently – people are more likely to have forgotten or not got around to it than being unwilling!
- ask your employer if they will match fund your sponsorship – lots of organisations will double the amount of your donation, will yours?
- have fun!
Thank you so much for joining us in supporting young people to make safer choices about drugs and alcohol.