Our supporters fund our multi-component drug education programme designed
to support young people, parents/carers and teachers
Monthly donations - become a Friend of the Foundation
We warmly encourage all supporters to consider making monthly donations via Direct Debit as this provides us with a valuable, stable income base from which we can make solid plans and commitments, with confidence that these will be funded. This planned growth is crucial to enabling us to meet the ever-increasing demands for us to reach more young people in more places.
Friends of the Foundation are individuals who are committed to our vision of saving young lives, and join us in this work by making a regular financial contribution, whether small or large. Our Friends are very much the heart of our community, and they are key to the continuing work and growth of the DSM Foundation.
In return for setting up a monthly donation of £10/month or more, we will send you either a copy of Fiona Spargo-Mabbs’ book for parents about young people, drugs and decisions, ‘I Wish I’d Known‘, or Mark Wheeller’s play about Dan – ‘I Love You, Mum – I Promise I Won’t Die‘. We will also give you priority access to our community play performances and our annual thank you tea, so we can thank you in person. We’ll send regular updates about our work through our newsletters so you can see the difference your financial support is making to young people and familes.
What your donation will enable us to do:
- £5/month would enable a class of 30 students to have our evidence-based drug and alcohol education programme, with resources for teachers and students
- £10/month would enable us to fund an interactive drug education workshop to a whole year group of up to 200 students, with resources for students to take home
- £25/month would enable us to reach parents and carers through an online drug and alcohol awareness workshop
- £50/month would (nearly!) fully fund a live Theatre in Education performance of our powerful play and workshop to 200 young people.
One-off donations are always greatly appreciated and contribute to helping us to deliver our drug education programme. There are several donation methods – and please remember to Gift Aid your donation if you are a UK tax payer, which get us 25% more! Please see below for how to donate.
There are lots of ways that you can raise both awareness and funds for the Foundation – from sponsored challenge events to holding a cake sale – and everything in between! See our fundraising page for further ideas.
Gifts in your will / legacy giving
Leaving a gift to the DSM Foundation in your will creates a lasting legacy of impact on young people, enabling them to benefit from the opportunity to develop the understanding and skills they need to make safer choices about drugs. [Please note that DSMF cannot offer legal advice, but further information about wills is available from the Citizens Advice Bureau.]
If you’re an employee, payroll giving allows your donation to come out of your gross pay meaning the tax you would have paid on your donation comes to us.
Through payroll giving, a £10 donation to us only costs you: £8 if you pay basic tax (20%); £6 if you pay higher rate tax (40%); or £5.50 if you pay the 45% rate.
Contact your Payroll department to set up a payroll gift. If your employer doesn’t have a scheme set up but they want to know more, they can contact a Payroll Giving Agency approved by HMRC to set up a scheme – see https://www.gov.uk/payroll-giving for further information.
How to donate
- Set up a regular donation via a standing order with your bank or building society.
- Use these details:
Sort code: 20-84-20
Account number: 63165485
Account: Daniel Spargo-Mabbs Foundation
- You can text us to make a donation. Text donations will be added to your phone bill.
Text 20DSMFWEB to 70085 to donate £20
Text 15DSMFWEB to 70085 to donate £15
Text 10DSMFWEB to 70085 to donate £10
- Make sure you have the bill payer’s permission.
- Texts cost the donation + one standard rate message.
- Don’t forget to select the Gift Aid link that you’ll be sent after making your donation!