We are recruiting sessional drug educators to join our team, delivering workshops to young people, drugs awareness sessions to parents, and training for teachers and other professionals. The role will be London-based. This exciting and rewarding role not only provides flexible and varied work, and the potential for future, ongoing work with the DSM Foundation, but also – and importantly – the opportunity to make a vital difference in the lives of young people and enable them to make safer choices about alcohol and drugs.
Suitable candidates will:
- Be passionate about supporting young people to make safer choices about drugs and alcohol;
- Have experience working with young people, ideally including in drug education;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be organised, punctual and reliable;
- Be able to work flexibly during school hours and term dates (around other commitments).
- Training and mentoring will be provided as required, including evidence-based practice, underpinning knowledge, workshop facilitation and safeguarding;
- Hours will be flexible and paid on an hourly sessional basis and will be flexible around availability;
- Work will be offered across London on an ad hoc basis, arranged with notice, and between 2-8 hours per week on average, although this cannot be guaranteed;
- Core delivery area is Greater London.
The Daniel Spargo-Mabbs Foundation is a drug and alcohol education charity, founded by Fiona and Tim Spargo-Mabbs in 2014 in response to the death of their 16-year-old son Dan having taken ecstasy. The charity aims to support young people to make safe choices and reduce harm, through increasing their understanding of the effects and risks of drugs and alcohol and improving their life skills and resilience. The Foundation works with young people, parents, teachers, and professionals, in schools, colleges and communities across the UK. For more information about the charity see www.dsmfoundation.org.uk
Download the job description and person specification here.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th October at midnight.